23 November 2015
Today I just got an hour to code and came up with a little complex idea for that duration. It’s a word counter that I’ll complete tomorrow.
Here is a link to app.
EDIT: 23rd May, 2016
Out of the list of 24 apps currently on my project page, only this app was incomplete. But not anymore. After a long gap I finally got to it and have converted it into one of the most beautiful and useful apps that I have created.
Don’t believe me? Check it out for yourself!
It’s responsive, accurate, beautiful anf very useful!
This idea came from a word counter site that I use very often to count the number of words in any article that I am working on. Initially I thought it would be easy to accomplish. But as it turns out with almost anything in web dev, nothing is as easy as it looks from the outside.
When I thought of the idea and started coding few months back I was planning to use arrays and simple for loops since I did not know what a regular expression was. Boy oh boy, what a noob I was!
It’s super difficult or almost impossible to do what this app is doing without using regex. So I learned some and applied it well.
As with the maths quiz app, before coding I wrote down clear target specs and once again that made the job little easier since I had a set target in mind.
Few key features of the app - it will show: